Monday, September 27, 2010

Against the Grain

So we learn our entire lives not to fight...I can hear my Mother..."Dont hit your sister". Then as we have children we teach them, fighting is unacceptable. I remember a time when Jason and I were so fed up with Morgan and Houstin fighting we let them go at it. I was sick to see the boys hurting each other, in the same breath...found myself routing for Morgan. Nothing against Houstin obviously, but Jason was routing for Houstin and well you know, little competition.



So Tori and I headed out Friday night to the fights. Yes I said the fights. We had no idea what we were getting ourselves into. We made it a girls night out and were off. We had a table in the VIP section, there was one table between us and the ring. Darren Williams from the Utah Jazz was sitting at the table in front of us. Pretty major production! So the fights begin and Tori and I are thinking oh no, this is not good. It was OOOOHHHHH Dont do that.... OHHHHHH that is mean! We watched them kick, punch, stomp on toes, throw, push...you name it, it happened! We were so close we could hear all the moans, gloves making contact with the face and blood. After a few fights we really got into it. When there was a good move, Tori and I would come out of our chair and start yelling. We went nuts and loved it. Totally against the grain but wow what a great time. Thanks sister for going with me at the last minute...you are my hero!

The rest of the weekend was spent getting ready for Mom to come. She is on her way and going to be here in a few hours. I cannot wait to see my Mom. Saturday, Mikey helped me launch the boat and we took it to the Provo marine to empty the tanks. Now, for those of you that have not seen my boat...UH, this is not a simple task. We launched the boat no problem, had a great ride over to the marine and pulled up to the doc. I came a little to fast, hit the dock and took a nice chunk out of the boat. UGGG.....gets better, Mikey took the cap off the tank and PLOP the cap went into the water. He spent a little to much time looking for the cap, which we never did find. So we headed back to our marina and it was getting dark. Once we got to the marina, the mosquito's were horrible! We were bitten from head to toe.....I get chills thinking about it.