Thursday, September 9, 2010

Colorado Trip

It has been a little crazy between kids going back to school and work. So crazy that I forgot to send Caleb to his first day of Jr. High...yes I do deserve the mother of the year award!


We were desperate for a break so I took the kids to Colorado to see Leslie and Joshua over Labor day weekend. It was a long drive but the kids did well, other than the stinky feet and flat out boy smell it was a good drive. We got in on Friday morning at 2:00 AM and left Monday morning at 10:00 AM. The boys played Frisbee golf at the park with Joshua and went to the golf course to hit a bucket of balls. We went to Pearl street and watched all the street performers, had a great lunch at our favorite cafe on Pearl street. The boys found a wood store that designed quite a few different cultural items. Morgan came back to the cafe and told me that the store had a bucket of "wieners" sure enough they did! Apparently it is a talisman. Leslie would know the story better than I. So we brought home a little gift for Joshua and he wore the "wiener" on a chain around his neck the rest of the night. We laughed so hard! The boys got to experience so much in Colorado, a hippie fair with crazy dancing people, took them to a restaurant where they could play all the games they wanted. Joshua still kicked their pants at air hockey.


We took the kids to Elitch Gardens (Six Flags) on Sunday...it was insane! I only went on a few rides. The first one scared me to death and I wanted to cry. Took me forever to get control of myself.


Here is a picture from the Ferris wheel, it only shows part of the park. Behind us was a full water park and shops.


After we did the scary ride, Leslie, Joshua, Morgan and Caleb did this one. There was no way Kayl and I were getting on that thing! It looped all over the place and turned you upside down. Morgan and Caleb are in the seat third from the back, Leslie and Joshua are in front of them.


End of the ride, You can see Leslie and Caleb in this one.



This next one still scares me just thinking about it. Leslie, Caleb and Joshua waiting in line for the total terror ride




They strap you in......................



And send you up a tower that makes me sick even to look at....




All the way to the top......then they DROP YOU!!!!


Leslie was so scare, she will never do that one again.




Here we all are at one of my favorite places for Bfast. What an awesome family!



We had an amazing time, it was fun to watch the boys play and relax. I miss my sister and brother in law....wish you guys were closer! Thanks for letting us come out and mess up your house and eat all your food!

3 comments:

ToRi and cReW said...

Looks like an awesome time! I am happy you were able to go. I just love Leslie and Joshua!

Brenda Whitehead said...

I forgot to tell you that they send there love! See you tonight to can some peaches!

Brenda Whitehead said...

Okay so I am horrible at spelling....I meant THEIR love not THERE love!