Thursday, August 19, 2010

Little Things in Life


My Mother sent me a text message this morning and reminded me "its the little things in life that make us feel rich". So it has me thinking through the day about the little things. Thanks for the words Mom!


Taking Brogan, Taylor and Tylee to Beans and Brew for an Italian Soda last night and a trip to Costco. Brogan put his entire hand in the Italian Soda so he could lick off the whip cream. He made me giggle, making a mess and getting all sticky.....didnt matter. Little thing to others, big thing for Aunt Brenda.





Kayl took my Jeep up the mountains a few weekends ago. He brought the Jeep home a total mess, I honestly dont think it will ever be the same. His buddy said to him " isnt your aunt going to freak out?" Kayl told him, "nope, she doesnt care as long as we are safe and having fun". Little thing he said, tells me I am teaching him right. He sent me a text message last night, out of the blue and said "I love you so so so much". For a minute I thought he did something wrong or wanted something, nope it was just an I love you. My heart warmed to the core!




Morgan left last weekend to live with his Dad. The day he left I was in total tears. He put his arm around me and said "its okay Mom, I love you". How lucky am I!




So maybe some of those things are bigger things, but they make me happy. A simple I love you, an arm around your shoulder. Watching children play.....simple things in life that make you RICH!


2 comments:

ToRi and cReW said...

oh, I love this post!

and I love you!!!

She Gives Me Wings said...

I would put my arms around you and tell you I love you every day if I could. You are beautiful and I love you sooooo much. And no...I haven't done anything wrong :)....yet...lol
xoxox
April