Monday, April 4, 2011

Going Green


I dont think we are to the point where anyone is going to start dabbing patchouli oil on but we may be close! To all my friends out there...If I try and tap into my younger years and loose the razor..shake me. One of these days I am going to have to dig out the pictures of my VW Bus for the kids. I was so granola the kids laugh at my stories. I always teased Jason that I was going to loose my razor, stop wearing make up and dying my hair (secret is out) when we retired. He obviously didnt like that thought. I still dab sandalwood on when I go camping...it makes me feel earthy and couples well with my dirty feet.

So our family is going green! We have already started our recycling bin, its been a bit of a challenge making sure it all gets in the right place and having to wash half of it out. Drives me nuts but I am dedicated! This all started with the children wanting to spend two weeks in the hills this summer learning to live off the land.....well no actually it started with the movie "Into The Wild" If you havent seen it...you need to! The older boys tell me that they are not going to shave all summer either, I love the thought of not having to pay for their razors but if you have seen Morgans facial hair, he is going have a full beard half way through the summer.




Mom has already mapped out the garden and ordered our seeds. We are so excited to get the green house up! Leslie we could sure use some tips on composting, this is going to be totally new to us but everyone in the house is all for it.


Lots of exciting things going on now all we need is the sunshine!


2 comments:

ToRi and cReW said...

You go girl! I need to get a bit more green(efficient) so I will learn from you. But I will continue to shave and wear "normal" deodorant! lol

Brenda Whitehead said...

Hey now sister..I was still normal, just didnt have the baby powder smell (okay so I was a little abnormal). FYI....very nice composter at Costco for 100.00. We have done a lot of research on them and this is the best deal! Cant wait to set it up.