Friday, July 27, 2012

Morgonzo turns 17 & A Jolly Holiday with Mary & The best surprise ever!

Deans mother Mary Kay came last Tuesday and spent the week with us. We had so much fun, it was never ending with so many wonderful adventures!! Getting to know Mary was simply amazing. I knew we were going to get along just fine when she saw me drinking a beer and said "where is mine!". At that point........it was mandatory I had to introduce her to the beer fridge! Yes It was a jolly holiday with Mary, and we were jolly.

We celebrated Morgans 17th Bday.....whoa.....I have a 17 year old...whoa. He spent the day at Seven Peaks with Caleb and his friend Rebecca. I was working, transporting teenagers and pretending I was Superwomen!!! Emphasis on the pretending. I realized half way through the day It wasnt happening. I ordered dinner and picked up a cake from Costco rather than making the three layer Stout Cake I had my heart set on.

Morgan did allow us to torture him and sing Happy Birthday as loud and obnoxious as we could. Thanks Mo!


Costco to the rescue! Delish!!!!


The little ones had the pleasure of introducing their Nana to a day at the Zoo. It really is a great experience however...exhausting...Mary made it through the day without a fight (maybe).


I wont say......but it is possible this is the place an altercation with a fellow Zooer and Mary could or couldnt have happened....Regardless she elbowed her way through to spoil Ryker and Kaylee.


By far one of the children's favorite places at the Zoo....the Polar Bear!!! We heart him. 


Another favorite....the Seals. There is nothing better than a visit to the Zoo through the eyes of a child. Simple........and amazing. 


Saturday we all went boating . You cant top a warm day, the water, bloody Mary's with Mary, time with my family........or wait....can you?

I pulled the boat up to the dock, tied up and look who we found.....or rather who found us. I couldnt believe my eyes, how could a perfect day become even more perfect???? Add Houstin. I am blessed and someone is making sure of it. 


It was so fun having him and Dominic on the boat for the day. 


They rode the tube, Wakeboard and knee board. Houstin hasnt done it in years but of course, he popped right out of the water. 


Even though the kids are in swimming lessons they still have to a fear of the water. Ryker was hesitant but grinning from ear to ear once he got on with his Daddy (okay so we forced him and was crying until the boat got going...then the smiles came).


Mom came with Piper and Roxy. They loved the boat along with Ranger Dog.


Totally in my element. I just love boating!



We had an incredible time together. Mary you will be proud to hear, I cleaned out three drawers in the kitchen and Dean has finally agreed to a housekeeper if she is French and wears a uniform....Eh? 

We leave for Bear Lake in a few weeks with the kids and so very excited. Wish you were coming sister.

Peace......Love.....Cheers.....Bren





No comments: