Saturday, April 7, 2012

Dutch, Jet Lag & Size Matters

I made it...it was an adventure....... one I would recommend anytime. The flight wasnt my favorite but it could have been much worse. Getting from the airport to the hotel was the hardest,  jet lag coupled with the fact I dont speak or read dutch it was a challenge that took two hours. I reeked foreigner!!!!

First night Dean took me to Amsterdam for dinner, it was pouring rain and cold...cold...cold! But we had a fabulous time. Red light district...down town Amsterdam, canals, house on top of house on top of a store side by side, squished into a small area! Its all about size. Lucky Dean knows where he is going most of the time but a scary driver. All Europeans are scary drivers, get out of the way......or you will get hit by a car, train, bus, horse, bike or scooter....its dog eat dog...your on your own. 

SIZE MATTERS!!!!!!!

From the cars......



To the apartment buildings


To the Streets


To the bikes (notice the child seat in the back)


To the Hot Dog stand! (I think my UTV is about this big)



Size totally matters! Everything is small, squished to the point people are touching you....its normal. Little freaky for me! but normal. Squish yourself into a public restroom (thats hard to find) and it makes you want to find an instant liposuction clinics. 


Here is the view from the balcony of our room. You can hear the Euro Techno music from the clubs and the the bells every hour from the church across the street. 



Church across the street with what Dean calls the jumping Jesus. 




Canal in Amsterdam


Amsterdam



North Sea Adventure.......freezing! 





Having a incredible time. We hit Amsterdam again today, headed down the Coast and back to Eindhoven. Tomorrow...who knows....Belgium, Germany....could be anywhere. 

 I miss you kids!!!!!!! 

Peace....Love.....Cheers

No comments: