Monday, March 14, 2011

LUCKY LADY.....Basement update

Here it is a Monday morning...busy with meetings today so this is going to be a very quick post. I am considering myself a Lucky Lady! I have the best kids and the best friends in the world! Mikey my favorite painter (also one of my best friends!) came and helped a sobbing Brenda with the painting this weekend. He is such a superstar it only took him a few hours to do the bathroom on Friday. I would have been at that sucker all day and had to cover my body with Bengay before bedtime. Saturday morning we lost a very dear friend and Mikey's sister in law. Carmen was very young and battled cancer for a year. My heart breaks for her family, we will miss seeing her smiling face.


Bathroom after Mikey's touch


Saturday morning we were not expecting Mikey to be up and around. We flew into gear and rolled on the primer. We did get in trouble with Mikey when he came up later in the day to paint. I think he more or less giggled at what a non professional painting job we did!

I did help with all the calking and taping up door hinges etc. My finger was so sore from running calking beads! I dont choose painting as a profession!

All the doors lined up. I learned how to remove and install doors! Oh yeah...I am a big girl now!


Finishing up, you can really see the contrast with the dark colored walls. So beautiful!


Totally cleaned up and ready for carpet tomorrow morning. The only area left is the hallway.


Chocolate wall where the possible "future bar" is...we will see...I am pretty worn out over this!


I am a very Lucky Lady! Thanks Mikey, Mom and boys for all your help! We are so so so close to being done. It should all be done by the end of the week! Super excited to have Morgans Prom Party and the Elwell family party on Sunday!

No comments: