Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Morgan and Winter Break



Well, its over winter break for the children came and left. Its been lonely the past few days with the kids in school. I had so much fun with them and wow they are amazing. Last week after the holidays I took the kids bowling and to laser tag. This is what I learned. I cannot bowl, and playing laser tag with 10 year old strangers is a VERY BAD idea for me! I think I got the "lets put the old lady in the corner" treatment from them. I was so fired up when we left it made the boys giggle. Kayl kicks butt bowling and Caleb quickly picked up the skill giving Kayl a run for his money. They were neck and neck on the last frame but Kayl took Caleb out with a strike. Morgan worked on his bowling technique, I have never laughed so hard! I look at my kids and I am so proud. They are wacky, they say and wear the strangest things...but they are my boys!


Morgan getting the swoop of the leg down.



Okay Morgan it might seem like I am picking on you but I promise I am not. Morgan has a new obsession, a Digerydoo from Australia. I am sure I spelled it wrong, but for those of you that dont know what this is, its sounds like a fog horn. Morgan, my creative crafty child made his own out of a pipe. Nanny also went and bought him some canning wax so he could make a mouth piece. He played this I swear what seemed like the entire break. He would go outside and play it, cats, dogs, small children all crying! Oh Morgan....I just love you buddy!

Morgan playing his Digerydoo on a foggy night. It really sounded cool.


Morgan and his buddy Tyler made an Igloo out back last week. They absolutely had to sleep in it over night. I do recall Houstin doing this a few years ago, Jason and I did let him sleep in it overnight. Obviously that was thrown at me and I had to let them do it. They made it all night in the Igloo but I was up every hour listening for noises. Here is what is so stupid...what did I think I was going to hear? The muffled sounds of two teenage boys stuck in a collapsed igloo? Good grief the things we do as mothers!



No comments: